Windows 8.1 Announced

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 8.1 Announced
So, it seems like even Microsoft doesn't quite like Windows 8 as much as it hoped we would.

http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/blogg...etter.aspx

Not official yet, but it has been rumored that Windows 8.1 will bring back the start button and start menu which was replaced Start Screen in Windows 8.

Public preview available on June 26th.
In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.
To be honest, I like and enjoy using Windows 7. I'll be sticking with it for the near future, unless someone can give me a really good reason to upgrade.
Ich tue, was ich tun will
I do what I want to do
I'm sticking with Windows 7.

Good to see Microsoft partially coming to their senses since alot of people must've really disliked Windows 8.
Windows 8 isn't an entire failure. For all intents and purposes, it did what it was designed to do. Best thing Microsoft could do is split the OS into two branches. One for mobile/touch devices, the other for PCs.
They better be bringing back the start menu, the start screen just doesn't work as well for most people using desktop PCs.
If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes. ~ St. Clement of Alexandra