Benghazi not going away...

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Benghazi not going away...
The GOP, rather than do their jobs, is trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill over a possible Benghazi cover-up.

http://www.nationalmemo.com/watergate-re...-cover-up/

Thousands of Americans die due to violence of all types every year and no one seems to care. Four people die overseas and those with an ax to grind scream bloody murder.

Wouldn't it be nice if the Republicans would concentrate on what would be good for the country (like a jobs bill that actually create jobs) and less on the nonsense that they've done instead (abortion bills, voting 38 damn times to repeal Obamacare).
I am dead but I must still go to work. -The Sixth Sense
I thought the noise about Benghazi was obvious: the GOP wants to smear Hillary before the 2016 campaign even really starts.

Four people die in Libya and it's supposed to be worse than Watergate. Fox News won't shut up long enough to even catch its breath.

26 die in Newtown, right here in the United States, and we can't be bothered to even consider doing anything because the very idea tramples on Freedom™ and is a slippery slope to Hitler raping a bald eagle.

Yoda-rolleyes
T'Pol: I am not old, I will only be 66 years old on my next birthday.
Trip: I can't believe you told me that.
T'Pol: You accused me of being old.
-Star Trek: Enterprise 3-24, "Zero Hour"
Sounds like they're exploiting the victims for political gain. Weren't their embassy attacks under Bush?
"Will somebody please get this big, walking carpet out of my way?"
Huckabee: Obama will be ousted over Benghazi

Quote:Former Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee said on his radio show Monday that President Obama “will not fill out his full term” because he was complicit in a “cover-up” surrounding the attack that killed Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans in Libya.

“I believe that before it’s all over, this president will not fill out his full term,” Huckabee said. “I know that puts me on a limb, but this is not minor.”

I hope they also decide to investigate the GOP party members who VOTED DOWN funding for improved embassy security (including Benghazi) a year prior to the attack.

The GOP hyperbole is ridiculous though; citing it's somehow worse then Watergate and Iran-Contra combined. Hell, there was way more incompetence and outright lying to the U.S. citizenry by the Bush administration over military actions abroad, attacks on U.S. embassies, etc. during his 8 years; yet I never saw any GOP outcry or threats of impeachment.

Gotta love hypocrisy.Thumbdown
All they care about is trying to make the President look bad by any means. It's really screwed up. They ignore real issues, talk about conspiracy theories during hearings and stir up rhetoric about the President trying to take over the country like a dictator. It's absolutely absurd. These people should barely be allowed out of a mental hospital, but they're running the country. They seem willing to run it into the ground on the chance people blame the President. It's dangerous and crazy.

(05-11-2013, 10:20 AM)JediSean19 Wrote: Sounds like they're exploiting the victims for political gain. Weren't their embassy attacks under Bush?

Yeah, there were 7:

US Consulate in Karachi, Pakistan, attacked, 10 killed.

US embassy in Uzbekistan, 2 killed, 9 injured
US consulate in Saudi Arabia, 8 killed

US Embassy in Syria, 1 killed

Grenade thrown at the US Embassy in Athens, Greece

US embassy in Serbia was set on fire
US embassy in Yemen bombed, 10 killed
Insert colorful quote here
Americans simply don't care about this issue.

Conservatives would do well to realize that only their hardcore base gives two damns about it and only because it's an attack on a Democratic administration.

However, it's a waste of time that won't effect politics one bit. Focusing on issues Americans actually care about would help them a lot more than 'omg! Benghazi!'
[Image: wenty321_1.jpg]
So will Obama get impeached or not?
Ich tue, was ich tun will
I do what I want to do
Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims

Quote:One day after The White House released 100 pages of Benghazi emails, a report has surfaced alleging that Republicans released a set with altered text.

CBS News reported Thursday that leaked versions sent out by the GOP last Friday had visible differences than Wednesday's official batch. Two correspondences that were singled out in the report came from National Security Adviser Ben Rhodes and State Department Spokeswoman Victoria Nuland.

How stupid are these people? We got tools that can prove you messed with stuff. Republicans, you fail at the internet.
T'Pol: I am not old, I will only be 66 years old on my next birthday.
Trip: I can't believe you told me that.
T'Pol: You accused me of being old.
-Star Trek: Enterprise 3-24, "Zero Hour"
Can't believe this is even newsworthy anymore.Pinch

For months in the lead up to the Iraq War, Bush and the Bush Administration repeatedly went on national television and told Americans things about WMDs in Iraq that turned out to be 100% totally false. That, apparently, is not "lying", they were just acting on "bad intelligence." It's not his fault. Other people told him things that were wrong, so he's not a liar and the whole thing was just an honest mistake.

But the Obama Administration, in the hours and days immediately following a breaking story and in the initial confusion of an unfolding event, said some things that later turned out to be wrong... and it's all part of a deliberate coverup and conspiracy to lie to the American people.

Funny, the word "impeachment" didn't once come out of the mouths of Republicans even after 4000 Americans died chasing phantom WMDs. But four dead Americans in Benghazi... and it's IMPEACHMENT TIME! Gotta love double standards.

They went after Clinton for a blowjob, I've been wondering when they would eventually manufacture some BS excuse to go after Obama.
If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes. ~ St. Clement of Alexandra