Disney buys Lucasfilm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disney buys Lucasfilm
Disney buys Star Wars maker Lucasfilm from George Lucas

Quote:Disney is buying Lucasfilm, the company behind the Star Wars films, from its chairman and founder George Lucas for $4.05bn (£2.5bn).

Mr Lucas said: "It's now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of film-makers."

In a statement announcing the purchase, Disney said it planned to release a new Star Wars film, episode seven, in 2015.

Cool news...Yoda-wink
Ford: Don't worry, I trust them to the end of the Earth.
Arthur: And how long is that?
Ford: About 12 minutes.
-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
I was hoping for a TV show to continue Star Wars, but new movies could be good... I'm cautiously optimistic...
Fry: "What was the purpose of life, anyway?"
Farnsworth: "Who knows? Probably some hogwash about the human spirit."
Given Lucasfilm's longtime presence at Disney theme parks, it makes sense that they would be the ones to buy were Lucas ever to sell, but I can't believe he actually did it. I thought he would take it to the grave with him
In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.
Fitting, since Disney is already a massive empire seeking to conquer the entire galaxy...Yoda-silly

I wonder what will become of the EU of course.

(11-02-2012, 05:59 PM)JediFan34 Wrote: Given Lucasfilm's longtime presence at Disney theme parks, it makes sense that they would be the ones to buy were Lucas ever to sell, but I can't believe he actually did it. I thought he would take it to the grave with him

Maybe Lucas is thinking ahead. Maybe he thinks that after he's dead, it could get chopped up and sold to people who would screw it up more than he did. By doing it this way, Lucas chose who got it.
I am dead but I must still go to work. -The Sixth Sense
Who do you think should direct Episode VII? I would like Christopher Nolan to direct or even Steven Spielberg. Joss Whedon would be a good choice too.
Insert colorful quote here
I hope the new movie(s) are good.

I doubt Disney will interfere with how Lucasfilm wants to do things, whether its the comic front or whatever, for the foreseeable future. Heck, even the movies, I think they'll leave in Lucasfilm's hands.
I am dead but I must still go to work. -The Sixth Sense
I wouldn't mind new SW movies if they retained the good, old SW aura.
[Image: wenty321_1.jpg]
This is cool news, I hope it's good.
This film is very funny and interesting to watch.