Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Site closing its Message Board
I thought it was an April Fool's joke at first, but apparently it's true: http://forums.starwars.com/ann.jspa?annID=3

This came as a surprise to me, since that board has been around since 2001 and seems pretty active still.
Never was a member there, but I'm kind of surprised too. I always expected there to some kind of official message board.
I was registered but never posted. The site's design was horrid (vomit green). Yucky
Ich tue, was ich tun will
I do what I want to do
I was registered but never posted either. Personally, I found the boards to be slow and poorly designed. Not to mention it lacked basic features I'd expect to find on a message board (stuff like polling, PMs, thread subscriptions, etc.).
T'Pol: I am not old, I will only be 66 years old on my next birthday.
Trip: I can't believe you told me that.
T'Pol: You accused me of being old.
-Star Trek: Enterprise 3-24, "Zero Hour"
I too was registered and made a few posts, but I never really visited there. Probably due to the constant Java errors and the daily 503 errors.
Insert colorful quote here
To be honest, I've never visited there (I think I have an account, can't remember). Still, I'm having trouble believing this considering the date it was posted on. Sure this isn't some kind of joke?

EDIT: Oh wait, I just checked my email and I am registered there.
In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.
The Star Wars official site was the first I ever joined. Guess it will be missed. Mellow

Still love their Yoda emoticons. Yes
Ford: Don't worry, I trust them to the end of the Earth.
Arthur: And how long is that?
Ford: About 12 minutes.
-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Kind of surprised to be honest but probably inevitable. The site was losing traffic ever since the movies were finished. Not to mention the design looked bad and old.
I am dead but I must still go to work. -The Sixth Sense
Looks like it was true, the official site forums have been off since the 3rd. Never liked the forums anyway, poor design and rather rude membership.

Can the yoda smiles be added here by chance?
(05-20-2011, 11:11 AM)tracy341 Wrote: Can the yoda smiles be added here by chance?

I'll second that, those Yodas are cool. The avatar galleries would also be nice.
Obi-Wan: "I felt a great disturbance in The Force. As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."
Me: "Let me guess, they saw Jar Jar Binks for the first time?" Wink
(05-21-2011, 12:26 AM)jedi123 Wrote:
(05-20-2011, 11:11 AM)tracy341 Wrote: Can the yoda smiles be added here by chance?

I'll second that, those Yodas are cool. The avatar galleries would also be nice.

I've added both the galleries and yodacons. Yoda-grin
(05-24-2011, 06:24 PM)Starpaul20 Wrote:

Thanks! Yoda-cool Yoda-cool

EDIT: Can the yodacons be moved up on the Smilies Popup?
Obi-Wan: "I felt a great disturbance in The Force. As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."
Me: "Let me guess, they saw Jar Jar Binks for the first time?" Wink
(05-25-2011, 05:18 PM)jedi123 Wrote:
(05-24-2011, 06:24 PM)Starpaul20 Wrote:

Thanks! Yoda-cool Yoda-cool

EDIT: Can the yodacons be moved up on the Smilies Popup?

I've moved them up to the top, and added some to the clickable box. Yoda-grin
good riddence, that board was made up of nasty members who always bitched about threads being reduntant anyway.
I got a lot of good ideas. Trouble is most of them suck. - George Carlin