Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRON: Legacy
I had a chance to see this a few days ago.

It's a tremendous film visually, stepping things up to a more ominous nature than before. There were some aspects of the story which seemed rather muddled, but not too much. Overall, it's good.
Insert colorful quote here
As I loved the original TRON, I went into Tron: Legacy with a bit more excitement than I would for most sequels. And I was not disappointed. Not only was it visually stunning, there were plenty of easter eggs and nods towards the original film. It was done in such a way that even if you hadn't seen the original, it wouldn't be truly necessary, but it would give someone unfamiliar with it an incentive to see how the story began.

It's not a perfect movie, but I definitely rate it somewhere between good and excellent.
If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes. ~ St. Clement of Alexandra
Overall, I thought it was pretty awesome. The story does slow down quite a bit in the second half (they definitely could have spaced the action out better than they did), but the disc battle and lightcycle scenes we got at the beginning was so cool and perfectly executed that they easily made up for everything else in my mind.

But even then, when the story shifts gears, it still remains fairly engaging I thought. The flashbacks were interesting to see and the character moments on the light ship were well done.