Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Wars Holiday Special
Does anyone know where I can watch the Holiday Special from 1978?

Also is it as bad as people say it is?
(12-18-2010, 02:33 PM)dillworth1 Wrote: Does anyone know where I can watch the Holiday Special from 1978?

Dunno about that

(12-18-2010, 02:33 PM)dillworth1 Wrote: Also is it as bad as people say it is?

Oh god yes! I'd much rather rip my hair out than to watch the Holiday Special... again.
The Holiday Special? You actually want to see it? Blink

Ok, but don't say we didn't warn you:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=...1544&hl=en
Fry: "What was the purpose of life, anyway?"
Farnsworth: "Who knows? Probably some hogwash about the human spirit."
I managed to get through it once... most painful 2 hours of my life. The most disturbing part by far however is Itchy's "gift".
I am dead but I must still go to work. -The Sixth Sense
I would actually like to see this, just to see how bad it is. I'll be watching the link later.
The Holiday Special should become a pilgrimage for all Star Wars fan able to stand it. Wink

(12-20-2010, 12:37 PM)starwarzfan14 Wrote: I would actually like to see this, just to see how bad it is. I'll be watching the link later.

It's the funniest and most painful two hours of your life.
You know, I've watched the special and I thought it was kinda good...
In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.
This was so bad it came full circle and became hysterical... I loved the bit with Han at the end where he faked out the stormtrooper to get him to fall out of the treehouse... classically bad stuff.
"We all change when you think about it, we're all different people, all through our lives, and that's okay, that’s good you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be." -Eleventh Doctor
(12-20-2010, 11:48 PM)JediFan34 Wrote: You know, I've watched the special and I thought it was kinda good...

Eek

You should go wait by the door for guys in white to show up. Don't resist them; they'll take you to a fun house. Tongue
Fry: "What was the purpose of life, anyway?"
Farnsworth: "Who knows? Probably some hogwash about the human spirit."
I have found that the Holiday Special is BAD, really bad! Worse than if they made a movie about Jar-Jar and Ahsoka talking about what they do in their spare time!
Insert colorful quote here
The Holiday special must be the worst "entertainment" ever put on film. It's a must-MISS. Believe me, you'd rather watch paint dry. I could only watch about 10 minutes of it before fast-forwarding to the end. And it's like good and evil, evil and good. It's so bad that it makes any complaints about the prequels seem small.

(12-20-2010, 11:48 PM)JediFan34 Wrote: You know, I've watched the special and I thought it was kinda good...

Please tell me your enjoyment was in part due to alcohol?
T'Pol: I am not old, I will only be 66 years old on my next birthday.
Trip: I can't believe you told me that.
T'Pol: You accused me of being old.
-Star Trek: Enterprise 3-24, "Zero Hour"
Ah, yes, the Holiday Special, we use that as a form of torture here. Wink
Thanks guys! I'm going to watch it later just to see how bad it is.
I've never watched or had any desire to see "The Star Wars Holiday Special". Maybe I should one of these days...
Obi-Wan: "I felt a great disturbance in The Force. As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."
Me: "Let me guess, they saw Jar Jar Binks for the first time?" Wink
(12-22-2010, 02:37 PM)jedi123 Wrote: I've never watched or had any desire to see "The Star Wars Holiday Special". Maybe I should one of these days...

You should. Everybody should watch it at least once. If nothing, it'll give you a new appreciation for the prequels.