"The Big Bang" Discussion

Poll: Rate "The Big Bang"
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
10 - Best of the best
77.78%
7 77.78%
9 - Loved it
22.22%
2 22.22%
8 - An all around enjoyable tale
0%
0 0%
7 - A well done tale
0%
0 0%
6 - Not what I was hoping
0%
0 0%
5 - An average Doctor Who tale
0%
0 0%
4 - Not as good as I thought it would be
0%
0 0%
3 - Not my cup of tea
0%
0 0%
2 - Poor
0%
0 0%
1 - Awful
0%
0 0%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"The Big Bang" Discussion
The thirteenth episode of series 5 (and second of a two-parter/series finale), "The Pandorica Opens", will transmit on BBC One at 6.05pm. This will be place to discuss it. Pimp
"Will somebody please get this big, walking carpet out of my way?"
They pulled it off! I didn't think they were going to but they did. It made sense, it had conflict, resolution, closure and a happy ending. I'm stunned.

10/10
"We all change when you think about it, we're all different people, all through our lives, and that's okay, that’s good you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be." -Eleventh Doctor
Overall, this was a brilliant episode of Doctor Who. So clever and fast that it was pretty mind-blowing trying to keep up once it got up to speed - 10/10
I give it 10/10 too. Thought it was absolutely brilliant! Also loved that we don't know who caused it all (multi-series arc at last!).
I'm generally confused at what happened but great script, great pace, great everything really... except, Silence will fall? Guess that'll be dealt with next season.

I give this episode a 9/10.
If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes. ~ St. Clement of Alexandra
Lots of fun moments but lots left unexplained. I'm pleased that Rory and River are set for the future and that the 'big bad' has been left for later.
Fry: "What was the purpose of life, anyway?"
Farnsworth: "Who knows? Probably some hogwash about the human spirit."
I give the episode a 10. Loved it to death. Funny, mad, smart, moving and cool! Best Season of Doctor Who yet! Matt Smith has impressed me very much.
T'Pol: I am not old, I will only be 66 years old on my next birthday.
Trip: I can't believe you told me that.
T'Pol: You accused me of being old.
-Star Trek: Enterprise 3-24, "Zero Hour"
I really liked it, especially the last ten minutes when the fairy tale came true. It was very sweet, and a nice end to the story that's been ongoing throughout the season.
Strangely anti-climatic after last week but still quite enjoyable. Easily the best season finale since Parting of the Ways.
I aim to misbehave.
10/10 from me, that was amazing, emotional, action packed, spectacular and brilliantly written.
(07-26-2010, 05:02 PM)Mr. Tight-pants Wrote: Strangely anti-climatic after last week but still quite enjoyable. Easily the best season finale since Parting of the Ways.

That's another thing I like too. First time I've liked a finale for some time. It was fun and clever, and it actually told a story. Happy