Poll: Rate "Vincent and the Doctor"
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
10 - Best of the best
0%
0 0%
9 - Loved it
62.50%
5 62.50%
8 - An all around enjoyable tale
25.00%
2 25.00%
7 - A well done tale
12.50%
1 12.50%
6 - Not what I was hoping
0%
0 0%
5 - An average Doctor Who tale
0%
0 0%
4 - Not as good as I thought it would be
0%
0 0%
3 - Not my cup of tea
0%
0 0%
2 - Poor
0%
0 0%
1 - Awful
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Vincent and the Doctor" Discussion
The tenth episode of series 5, "Vincent and the Doctor", will transmit on BBC One at 6.40pm. This will be place to discuss it. Yes
"Will somebody please get this big, walking carpet out of my way?"
That was enjoyable! I loved the scene where the Doctor and Amy show Vincent his work in the museum.

7/10
"We all change when you think about it, we're all different people, all through our lives, and that's okay, that’s good you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be." -Eleventh Doctor
Really enjoyed it. Bit of a slow start, very emotional conclusion. My only complaint is some dodgy CGI - 9/10
I give it 8/10. A good beginning, a dip in the middle, and a fantastic ending. The episode was good but a poorly realised monster (just a few brief glimpses would have been much better).
"Will somebody please get this big, walking carpet out of my way?"
I give the episode an 9. I really didn't know where it was going, as it was never about 'real' monsters but the monster in the mind.
T'Pol: I am not old, I will only be 66 years old on my next birthday.
Trip: I can't believe you told me that.
T'Pol: You accused me of being old.
-Star Trek: Enterprise 3-24, "Zero Hour"
That had to be one of the most touching episodes of DW I've ever watched. I admit to getting choked-up & teary-eyed when they took Vincent to the Museum.
Fry: "What was the purpose of life, anyway?"
Farnsworth: "Who knows? Probably some hogwash about the human spirit."
Weird, but very good, episode and thought throughout that there was zero plot of interest until the final five minutes which justified everything.
I aim to misbehave.
Bizarre episode. To me it was written for a single episode that came short and had to have a bunch of padding put it. The characterization was good. Vincent was a nice guy and Amy and The Doctor were in form. The ending with the museum was just amazing.

I give this episode a 9/10.
If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes. ~ St. Clement of Alexandra
Loved it. The ending choked me up. Cry