FIFA World Cup 2010

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIFA World Cup 2010
Sport 
Here's a thread for all talk about the FIFA World Cup 2010. Yes

Here's news:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football...efault.stm

I'm personally looking forward to the 12 June match between England and America in which we hand you Yanks your ass. Wink
"Will somebody please get this big, walking carpet out of my way?"
I'll watch. I just love the games. I'll quite happily sit through Honduras/Switzerland.

(05-29-2010, 10:26 AM)JediSean19 Wrote: I'm personally looking forward to the 12 June match between England and America in which we hand you Yanks your ass. Wink

Wanna bet on that?
Insert colorful quote here
The World Cup is the time every 4 years I really like football for a few weeks. Biggrin

England v. USA is an interesting opening. On paper, we should shred them, along with the rest of the group. Looking forward to it!
I love the world cup. Hopefully Germany will have a good result against australia in the first match.
Well I watched, and we tied England. What kind of crap is that? I thought there would've been some kind of overtime. Confused

Who does the US play next?
I aim to misbehave.
(06-13-2010, 04:52 PM)Mr. Tight-pants Wrote: Well I watched, and we tied England. What kind of crap is that? I thought there would've been some kind of overtime. Confused

That's the way the initial matches work. There are four teams in every group and they all play against each other once. The two best teams of each group advance to the knock-out-stage where there won't be any ties, of course (overtime and then penalty shots).

(06-13-2010, 04:52 PM)Mr. Tight-pants Wrote: Who does the US play next?

Slovenia, on 18 June.
Ich tue, was ich tun will
I do what I want to do
Ok, I watched the US v Slovenia, and what the hell was this:

What would have been the winning goal (for the US) was thrown out on what most commentators are calling a bad call.

WTF? Realmad
[Image: wenty321_1.jpg]
What I can't believe is that Germany lost to Serbia! Realmad Germany can't lose, especially to Censored Serbia!
Ich tue, was ich tun will
I do what I want to do
I'm glad England got into the Round of 16. Now we go up against Germany, which should be interesting.
"We all change when you think about it, we're all different people, all through our lives, and that's okay, that’s good you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be." -Eleventh Doctor
(06-24-2010, 11:28 AM)Atlas32 Wrote: I'm glad England got into the Round of 16. Now we go up against Germany, which should be interesting.

Hey, if you need us to bail you guys out again, give us a call. Wink

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-ju...ts-algeria
Anyone watched Italy/Slovakia this morning? That was probably the most exciting 15 minutes of soccer I've ever seen.

(06-24-2010, 02:49 PM)Quest21 Wrote:
(06-24-2010, 11:28 AM)Atlas32 Wrote: I'm glad England got into the Round of 16. Now we go up against Germany, which should be interesting.

Hey, if you need us to bail you guys out again, give us a call. Wink

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-ju...ts-algeria

I loved the end. Laugh
I aim to misbehave.
Makes me wonder why Italy didn't play like that from the start...
Insert colorful quote here