Board update/overhaul/cleanup of 2010

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Board update/overhaul/cleanup of 2010
Member input thread
With the next major version of MyBB in Beta (1.6), I have decided to give the board another overhaul and much needed cleanup. So here's your chance to input your thoughts about anything you want to see added, changed, etc.
Ford: Don't worry, I trust them to the end of the Earth.
Arthur: And how long is that?
Ford: About 12 minutes.
-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
What does MyBB offer in its new version? Anything we might find cool?
I don't know about everyone else, but I find that post preview you get when you hover over a thread title annoying. Maybe you can get rid of that?
Obi-Wan: "I felt a great disturbance in The Force. As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."
Me: "Let me guess, they saw Jar Jar Binks for the first time?" Wink
Can I re-add my suggestion to adding an emoticon pop-up on the quick reply. Yes
In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.
(05-19-2010, 09:44 PM)jedi123 Wrote: I don't know about everyone else, but I find that post preview you get when you hover over a thread title annoying. Maybe you can get rid of that?

I second that, I don't like them too.
I'm too cool to have a sig Wink
(05-19-2010, 07:02 PM)Quest21 Wrote: What does MyBB offer in its new version? Anything we might find cool?

Some of the new features include:
-PM searching (you can now search though your PMs)
-Buddy list only PMs (You will be able to set your account to receive PMs only from users on your buddy list)
-Thread Prefixes (This allows you to define a pre-set prefix for a thread)
-A new video BBcode (allows you to post a video from one of seven different video sites)
-Undo vote (you will be able to delete your vote in a poll)
-Quote limit (allows me to limit how long quote chains can go)
-Update an attachment (allows for an attachment to be updated with a new file)
-Slightly improved User CP (your personal notepad is on the index of the CP, along with a table of latest threads.
-Member list sorting (you can now sort the member list by the first letter of a user's username)
-Buddy/Ignore links in profile (You can now add someone to your buddy or ignore list from a link in their profile).

There are other improvements, but they only really affect me/moderators. Complete list can be found here:
http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/1.6.0
(05-20-2010, 02:45 PM)JediFan34 Wrote: Can I re-add my suggestion to adding an emoticon pop-up on the quick reply. Yes

I would like to see that too. Smile
Ich tue, was ich tun will
I do what I want to do
I'm thinking we could get a new theme, just to make everything look fresh.
Here is where my signature begins...

And here is where my signature ends. What, were you expecting more?
What about putting a user's avatar on the PM reading page? I just noticed it doesn't appear there.
Fry: "What was the purpose of life, anyway?"
Farnsworth: "Who knows? Probably some hogwash about the human spirit."
The new version of MyBB sounds cool. Can't say I have any suggestions on what to add, expect for that Store.

(05-23-2010, 05:19 PM)Gaven Scott Wrote: What about putting a user's avatar on the PM reading page? I just noticed it doesn't appear there.

I always thought they did display...?
EDIT: Oh wait, they don't. So I'll second Gaven's suggestion and add them.
I aim to misbehave.
I was just thinking about this, how about some way to report PMs? Like ZetaBoards got.
T'Pol: I am not old, I will only be 66 years old on my next birthday.
Trip: I can't believe you told me that.
T'Pol: You accused me of being old.
-Star Trek: Enterprise 3-24, "Zero Hour"
(07-23-2010, 09:05 PM)VulcanStevens Wrote: I was just thinking about this, how about some way to report PMs? Like ZetaBoards got.

I've actually been working on a Report PM system that works just like the post reporting one. It'll be added with the 1.6 update.
(05-21-2010, 01:14 PM)LukeSkywalker21078 Wrote:
(05-20-2010, 02:45 PM)JediFan34 Wrote: Can I re-add my suggestion to adding an emoticon pop-up on the quick reply. Yes

I would like to see that too. Smile

This would be nice too. Yes Other than that, this site's perfect as is.
Side question, when will all this happen? Are we talking about months or weeks here?
Ich tue, was ich tun will
I do what I want to do
(07-26-2010, 12:10 PM)LukeSkywalker21078 Wrote: Side question, when will all this happen? Are we talking about months or weeks here?

I don't know, 1.6 is still beta but the MyBB staff upgraded the official support forum last night which means the final version should be released within a week. There are still some bugs that need fixing (of the two bug reports I have filed, one is still pending).