Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Discworld series
by Terry Prachett

I've finished reading the first book (The Color of Magic) and am now reading the second book (The Light Fantastic).

They're awesome books. A world of fantasy... with comedy mixed in.
Obi-Wan: "I felt a great disturbance in The Force. As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."
Me: "Let me guess, they saw Jar Jar Binks for the first time?" Wink
They sound cool, I think I'll check them out...

There's 38 books! Are they short or long?
I've always loved these books and have everyone to date. Can't wait for "Unseen Academicals".

My favorites are those of the Ankh-Morpock watch and we've seen them all mature and progress (save Nobby). I have however noticed that the Witches have dispersed into the background for the last few years, so too have the wizards (as they star in the side series of Science of Discworld novels) and even Death which is a shame.
Hmmm, they sound really interesting, I'll go look for them.
Fry: "What was the purpose of life, anyway?"
Farnsworth: "Who knows? Probably some hogwash about the human spirit."
I personally never heard of them myself, but they sound really good and I definitely and going to buy the first book (which is "The Color of Magic" right?)
If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes. ~ St. Clement of Alexandra
I've been reading these books for awhile now and I'm up to "Hogfather" (book 20). Great series, very entertaining writer. Smile
Well, you've peeked my interests, I'm gonna have to hunt The Color of Magic down now and read it.
Ford: Don't worry, I trust them to the end of the Earth.
Arthur: And how long is that?
Ford: About 12 minutes.
-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy