Poll: Should we get rid of the Elite membership?
This poll is closed.
Yes, get rid of it
83.33%
10 83.33%
No, keep it as it is now
0%
0 0%
No, but improve it (post any suggestions)
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elite members
I want your opinions on this, I've been seriously considering removing the Elite membership level.

So should we remove the Elite membership, keep it, or keep it but make changes to it?
Ford: Don't worry, I trust them to the end of the Earth.
Arthur: And how long is that?
Ford: About 12 minutes.
-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Eh, I don't see any reason for keeping it, so lets get rid of it.
I am dead but I must still go to work. -The Sixth Sense
Yes, get rid of it.

I just don't see the point of it. It may give you a few extra befits but at the same time it might divide the membership and might give the impression of "Hi there, I'm above you and there for I can talk down on you and treat you like you're inferior" (Not that any of that stuff happens here).
If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes. ~ St. Clement of Alexandra
I'll third it, there isn't a big need for it, especially on a board as small as this one.
Fry: "What was the purpose of life, anyway?"
Farnsworth: "Who knows? Probably some hogwash about the human spirit."
Personally, I think that it should be at a set promotion (like get promoted at 100 post of whatever) but I'm not against getting rid of it either.
Get rid of it, does it serve any purpose anymore? Personally, I think all members should be equal with each other.
T'Pol: I am not old, I will only be 66 years old on my next birthday.
Trip: I can't believe you told me that.
T'Pol: You accused me of being old.
-Star Trek: Enterprise 3-24, "Zero Hour"
I pretty much agree with what everyone else says. There's really no point in keeping the Elite status, especially considering that there are regular members here that post and visit more often then some of the Elite ones do.
I aim to misbehave.
I'll agree with what everyone else has said on this. I just don't see a reason to have an Elite level anymore.
Here is where my signature begins...

And here is where my signature ends. What, were you expecting more?
I'm for getting rid of them as well. An Elite level here seems to be pointless, as there seems to be no clear-cut line for what makes an Elite and not.
In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.
Personally, I think the Elite level should be something that you get promoted to when you reach a certain post count (like 100 or so). But that's just my opinion.
^I guess that could work. Only I'd probably change the name to something other than 'Elite'.

Also if we started a post count-based promotion, could it be set so that you have to be here for a certain amount of time, in addition to post count, before you're promoted?
T'Pol: I am not old, I will only be 66 years old on my next birthday.
Trip: I can't believe you told me that.
T'Pol: You accused me of being old.
-Star Trek: Enterprise 3-24, "Zero Hour"
(08-01-2009, 09:51 PM)VulcanStevens Wrote: Also if we started a post count-based promotion, could it be set so that you have to be here for a certain amount of time, in addition to post count, before you're promoted?

Yes, it can be set that way. I was thing of setting a new group promotion upon reaching 100 posts and 30 days of membership.

Since it seems that most people want this gone, I'll go ahead and remove it. I'm not gonna add the new group promotion yet, just to see what people think of it.
Ford: Don't worry, I trust them to the end of the Earth.
Arthur: And how long is that?
Ford: About 12 minutes.
-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
I like the idea of a group promotion at 100 posts, at least it gives people a place to aim for. Smile
Yeah, a group promotion sounds pretty cool. Pimp

As for the original poll, I didn't think anything of Elites, so I don't mind if they're gone.
This signature is intentionally left blank. Deal with it, I can't think of anything better to put here, dammit!
I'll third a new group promotion. Might be a good idea.
I am dead but I must still go to work. -The Sixth Sense