Poll: How do you rate the movie
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
10 (Best Trek film ever!)
42.86%
3 42.86%
57.14%
4 57.14%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
5 (Average movie)
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
1 (Nemesis was better)
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Star Trek XI
2 days till Grand Opening:)
Thumbs Up 
I'm avoiding reviews, spoilers & any info about Trek 11 till after I see it.

What are your Trek-spectations for this new ST movie?

The last Trek film, Nemesis, was a Christmas 2002 movie. Hard to believe its been that long!

It should be interesting.
(05-06-2009, 05:14 PM)Dean Spockwell Wrote: I'm avoiding reviews, spoilers & any info about Trek 11 till after I see it.

What are your Trek-spectations for this new ST movie?

The last Trek film, Nemesis, was a Christmas 2002 movie. Hard to believe its been that long!

It should be interesting.

I have high "Trek-spectations" for this film - a "last chance" for Star Trek, I think; so it BETTER do well in the box-office!Yes If not... DOOM for TrekCry

I know the film is good, but will it do well (money/numbers) against all the competition being released around it?Unsure

Don't forget to post a "welcome me" in Space Port Forum here, Dean Spockwell?WinkThumbsupBiggrin
When I was young, I did a lot of stupid things.Blushing
Now that I'm much older and wiser... I'm REALLY "paying" for those "youthful indiscretions" I did so long ago!Cry
If I had it all to do over again... I would, in a heartbeat - they were FUN!!!YesLaugh

Where ever you may be, that's where you are - you can never run away from yourself, so deal with it, and stop your whining!Dry
I got tickets for the first showing tomorrow. Biggrin

I believe this movie is exactly what the franchise needs. What else can I say, I'm just thankful Star Trek is getting another shot.

Is anyone planning to see it in IMAX?
Thumbs Up 
Thanks for your feedback Dr. Thimmel and Quest21Smile

I posted my "Welcome me!" thread up in the SpacePort Dr. ThimmelSmile

Have fun Quest21Smile

Seeing STXI in IMAX would be so many kinds of awesomeSmile
I saw the movie last night and I have to say, it was excellent! I really loved this movie. I'll post more comments after I see it again.

(P.S., I've moved this to the Star Trek forum. Smile )
T'Pol: I am not old, I will only be 66 years old on my next birthday.
Trip: I can't believe you told me that.
T'Pol: You accused me of being old.
-Star Trek: Enterprise 3-24, "Zero Hour"
Heart 
(05-06-2009, 09:27 PM)Quest21 Wrote: I got tickets for the first showing tomorrow. Biggrin

I believe this movie is exactly what the franchise needs. What else can I say, I'm just thankful Star Trek is getting another shot.

Is anyone planning to see it in IMAX?

I plan on seeing itYes, but not in I-Max I'm afraid.No It'd be nice though?Biggrin

(05-06-2009, 11:30 PM)Dean Spockwell Wrote: Thanks for your feedback Dr. Thimmel and Quest21Smile

I posted my "Welcome me!" thread up in the SpacePort Dr. ThimmelSmile

Have fun Quest21Smile

Seeing STXI in IMAX would be so many kinds of awesomeSmile

You're welcomed, Dean Spockwell...and don't forget to "change your name" over at Marie's Sci Fi Fans ONLY (formally Enterprise ONLY board) too?!!!Yes

(05-08-2009, 04:54 PM)VulcanStevens Wrote: I saw the movie last night and I have to say, it was excellent! I really loved this movie. I'll post more comments after I see it again.

(P.S., I've moved this to the Star Trek forum. Smile )

Good (moving to correct Forum) workYes T'Pol... Unsure er, Jolene Blalock... Unsure um, Amanda... Huh eh, VulcanStevens...who EVER you are?!!!Confused

LOL!!!

By all means, everyone go see the movie...SEVERAL times!!!YesThumbsup
Now that I'm much older and wiser... I'm REALLY "paying" for those "youthful indiscretions" I did so long ago!Cry
If I had it all to do over again... I would, in a heartbeat - they were FUN!!!YesLaugh

Where ever you may be, that's where you are - you can never run away from yourself, so deal with it, and stop your whining!Dry
While I was never a big fan of Star Trek, this film looks interesting enough that I might go see it, probably tomorrow. Hyper
This signature is intentionally left blank. Deal with it, I can't think of anything better to put here, dammit!
I've been wanting to see this film for so long, it looks good. I would've gone yesterday but would you believe that every showtime was sold out (and I mean yesterday, today and tomorrow). Censored

I've managed to get tickets for a showing on Monday so then I'll be able to tell you what I thought.
If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes. ~ St. Clement of Alexandra
Heart 
(05-09-2009, 03:53 PM)SithLord131 Wrote: While I was never a big fan of Star Trek, this film looks interesting enough that I might go see it, probably tomorrow. Hyper

That's the spirit, SithLord... and I'msure you won't be disappointed!Thumbsup

(05-09-2009, 10:22 PM)Qui-Gon Jinn Wrote: I've been wanting to see this film for so long, it looks good. I would've gone yesterday but would you believe that every showtime was sold out (and I mean yesterday, today and tomorrow). Censored

I've managed to get tickets for a showing on Monday so then I'll be able to tell you what I thought.

Ohmy WOW!!! That's always a good sign; sold out through Opening Weekend - means Star Trek will "live long and prosper" now!!! Wub

I even heard they (Paramount Pictures) is talking about a sequel to this film... even before it Opened!Yes

A new Star Trek for a Next Generation of audiences... GO TREK!!!W00tHyperThumbsupDroolSmokeArtistCloverHeartFlowersClapExcitedCheersHug

Well, I've seen it and I have to say I loved the film. I'll admit I went in with low expectations after that crap fest that was Nemesis. This movie was innovative, interesting, engaging, thrilling and epic.

The actors did a great job of pulling it off. I believed that I was watching Spock, Kirk, Bones, etc. without having to force it and I appreciate how tough a job that was.

I look forward to the sequels. Biggrin
I aim to misbehave.
After seeing it, I was impressed. This is easily the best Trek film yet.

BTW, maybe a poll could be attached to this topic so we can rate the movie?
Fry: "What was the purpose of life, anyway?"
Farnsworth: "Who knows? Probably some hogwash about the human spirit."
I finally saw it earlier today so here's what I thought.

This is an extremely hard film to review, because it pulls me in several directions at once. And, strangely, not along the lines I expected.

I loved the characters, they were spot on, with the exception of Chris Pine, I think he does Kirk better than Shatner did! Bones and Scotty... AWESOME!!

All and all, it's a pretty good start, far better than most of the Trek material that has been put out in the last 10 years.

Bring on the sequels. Pimp
If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes. ~ St. Clement of Alexandra
Got to see the movie on the weekend and thought it was good fun, much better than I thought it would be. Yeah, there were moments when I thought, "they can't do that!" but me and my friends came out and wanted to go straight back in. The cast was very good, and I liked what they did with Chekov. I have to see it again to check out some details I caught, like the nod to TMP styled-stuff (the admiral uniform and the medics). Could have done without the silly monster but other than that I'm looking forward to seeing it again. Hyper
It's always a good night for a walk.
It was good, very good. Still haven't completely taken it in but I am looking forward to where they will take the new universe. Smile

(05-11-2009, 06:49 PM)Gaven Scott Wrote: BTW, maybe a poll could be attached to this topic so we can rate the movie?

Added.
I am dead but I must still go to work. -The Sixth Sense
And I've voted a 9, it still could've been better in places but in overall terms it (as Qui-Gon Jinn said) was better than most Trek in the last 10 years.
I aim to misbehave.