When you walk into a crowded room

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.92 Average
When you walk into a crowded room
This thread is about being the last poster in a thread. Ever had this happen to you, you post in a thread and no one replies to you? The thread is now dead. You must now congratulate yourself, for being a thread killer.

Point is, if you close out a thread then how do you feel about it? Are you a wet blanket that spoiled the fun? Are you basking in the glory of having such a final say that nobody dares respond? Maybe it just doesn't matter?

(First one to 100 wins! Biggrin Cool Smoke Blushing )
T'Pol: I am not old, I will only be 66 years old on my next birthday.
Trip: I can't believe you told me that.
T'Pol: You accused me of being old.
-Star Trek: Enterprise 3-24, "Zero Hour"
Well about time someone restarted this thread here! Happy

Let stupidity reign!
Ford: Don't worry, I trust them to the end of the Earth.
Arthur: And how long is that?
Ford: About 12 minutes.
-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Hmmm... I don't think I've ever killed a thread before but there's a first time for everything.

(BTW, what's with the first to 100 wins?)
(12-28-2008, 04:36 PM)ColbertFan5 Wrote: (BTW, what's with the first to 100 wins?)

I think it has something to do with the old board or something. I was gonna say we already have a countdown thread in another forum but then I saw that Starpaul20 has already posted and if he's ok with it, I'll leave it.
Here is where my signature begins...

And here is where my signature ends. What, were you expecting more?
Yeah, I'm ok with it. Biggrin

This thread is about thread killing but on the old board it eventually became a 'who can reach the hundred marker wins'. It was fun but can I at least ask you not to post just numbers (it really isn't needed since the board counts what post it is in the thread). Lets try to keep this to the subject at hand (thread killing).
When I kill a thread, I'm like, "WHAT! No one has anything to say after my superior reply?" I am sometimes guilty of bumping a "dead" thread where I was the last poster figuring that my post was MISSED (And no, I haven't done it here... yet). Wink
[Image: wenty321_1.jpg]
Well it depends on what's been said. Most of the time I am fine with it... although sometimes if Eagle and/or Thimmel is the last to post, I try no to respond. Tongue Smoke

At least with this post I will have the last say! Thumbsup
By the way, if you're reading this, you're not paying attention to the page it's on! Pinch
Man, I hate when I kill topics (can't help it, I'm kinda of an attention whore)! When I post a reply, I know it is thoughtful, dead-on, and worthy of reply!

I'm also guilty of bumping a "dead" topic with me as the last poster. Sometimes it works... other times it is apparently proves that no one gives a #@$& about what I said.

Quote:At least with this post I will have the last say! Thumbsup

I guess not Tongue
I'm too cool to have a sig Wink
I guess you really are a thread killer, Vader654, cause no one has posted in this topic for a month now. Anyway, on the subject of thread killing, I feel the same way as most here do, almost insulted, like "my post wasn't good enough for you guys?"?

Then again, maybe someone does have something to say, but when they clicked 'post reply' they hit one of those damn SQL errors and they lost their reply and just don't bother to retype it.
Personally, I just think that you should say what you want to say and not worry too much about what people think of it. Someone is bound to eventually read it. Then again...

(02-06-2009, 06:40 PM)JSBaldwin56 Wrote: Then again, maybe someone does have something to say, but when they clicked 'post reply' they hit one of those damn SQL errors and they lost their reply and just don't bother to retype it.

I think that's the most likely reason, I hit two errors just a few minutes ago. I'm glad we're having a server move soon.
(02-07-2009, 11:16 AM)Argogen Wrote: Personally, I just think that you should say what you want to say and not worry too much about what people think of it. Someone is bound to eventually read it. Then again...

(02-06-2009, 06:40 PM)JSBaldwin56 Wrote: Then again, maybe someone does have something to say, but when they clicked 'post reply' they hit one of those damn SQL errors and they lost their reply and just don't bother to retype it.

I think that's the most likely reason, I hit two errors just a few minutes ago. I'm glad we're having a server move soon.

I totally agree. I'm gonna start the server move in the next few hours. Pimp
(02-07-2009, 01:21 PM)Starpaul20 Wrote:
(02-07-2009, 11:16 AM)Argogen Wrote: Personally, I just think that you should say what you want to say and not worry too much about what people think of it. Someone is bound to eventually read it. Then again...

I totally agree. I'm gonna start the server move in the next few hours. Pimp

That's good news. Happy
This thread must die. It is it's destiny. Tongue
Obi-Wan: "I felt a great disturbance in The Force. As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."
Me: "Let me guess, they saw Jar Jar Binks for the first time?" Wink
I don't really kill threads, I have very little to say and I say it in topics that I know will be replied to.

I sure hope I don't kill this thread, it was looking good. Smile
What about when you post a considered reply in a thread, go back next day and see tons of replies posted, but they're all to some post just above or below yours! You post another reply but that too gets ignored while people continue to reply to every post but yours. That tends to happen alot on larger boards. Dry

Bet this post kills this one though. Sad