Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moon landing conspiracy
Do you believe the Apollo Moon landings were real or faked? I believe they're real but I recently got into a debate with someone who believes they were faked and were filmed in a studio.

I have no doubt that a quality fake Apollo landing could've been done in a studio with the technology available in 1969, provided enough money and effort were invested. But how would such a monumental effort be covered up? Hundreds of people would have to know the whole thing was faked and inevitably some of them would leak. NASA and its contractors kept some ten of thousands of staff on the job building the rockets or doing other preparation needed to render the whole shindig convincing. After all, the launches had to be real even if the rockets weren't going to reach the moon, because they were witnessed by the general public on the ground.

This implausibility of eternal cover-up is enough reason for me to reject the conspiracy theory.
Mythbusters already tackled some of the most common theories. If there was a conspiracy, I'm pretty sure the Russians would've already blown it by now.
Fry: "What was the purpose of life, anyway?"
Farnsworth: "Who knows? Probably some hogwash about the human spirit."
The cost to fake the moon landings in the 60s and the 70s would've cost more than actually landing on the moon.

This pretty much sums up the stupidity of the conspiracy theories:

[Image: wenty321_1.jpg]