Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senate Republicans wrote a letter to Iran
Republicans Warn Iran -- and Obama -- That Deal Won't Last

Quote:A group of 47 Republican senators has written an open letter to Iran's leaders warning them that any nuclear deal they sign with President Barack Obama's administration won’t last after Obama leaves office.

Organized by freshman Senator Tom Cotton and signed by the chamber's entire party leadership as well as potential 2016 presidential contenders Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz and Rand Paul, the letter is meant not just to discourage the Iranian regime from signing a deal but also to pressure the White House into giving Congress some authority over the process.

The letter can be viewed here

Now, I'm no lawyer, but this seems like a really bad thing to do. It's essentially undermining the President's authority when establishing diplomatic ties with other countries.
Fry: "What was the purpose of life, anyway?"
Farnsworth: "Who knows? Probably some hogwash about the human spirit."
The GOP has been playing nasty with this situation starting with their invitation for Netanyahu to address congress and I have no doubt that the anti-Islamic sentiment is a major factor. Besides, I doubt Iran is ignorant of how the U.S. government works, but this seems particularly bad, and downright treasonous (wouldn't this violate the Logan Act?)
[Image: wenty321_1.jpg]