Independence Day 2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Independence Day 2
Independence Day Sequel Greenlit By Fox

Quote:Deadline is reporting that 20th Century Fox has greenlit the sequel to Independence Day. The film will begin shooting in May 2015, and is aiming for a June 24, 2016 release.

Fox is also trying to close a deal with original Independence Day director Roland Emmerich to return for the sequel. Will Smith will not be returning for the film, but Jeff Goldblum has said that he is involved in the project.

I'm actually all for this. Odd because I wasn't for many years, because while ID4 was a fantastic stand-alone movie and perhaps the lynchpin of science fiction films of the 90's, I didn't think there was enough substance to the universe to make a sequel that would be good.

The talk about the sequel's premise makes it sound so simple and irresistible.
[Image: wenty321_1.jpg]
It'll still be something of a rehash, the aliens invade again (probably with some new tricks) and humanity wins again. But as long as Jeff Goldblum returns, I'm interested.

Wonder what they'll call it?
It's always a good night for a walk.
This is one of those films they keep announcing but never gets made. I think if it actually gets made the world ends. Yoda-wink Blink
T'Pol: I am not old, I will only be 66 years old on my next birthday.
Trip: I can't believe you told me that.
T'Pol: You accused me of being old.
-Star Trek: Enterprise 3-24, "Zero Hour"
Saw this: Brent Spiner Back for “Independence Day” Sequel

Quote:Independence Day director Roland Emmerich announced on Twitter today that Brent Spiner has been signed for the upcoming ID4 sequel, coming in June 2016.

Though I thought his character died in the old movie... Confused
Fry: "What was the purpose of life, anyway?"
Farnsworth: "Who knows? Probably some hogwash about the human spirit."
Well in movie world nowadays nobody really dies Tongue
[Image: CastielBanner_zps5c5d4cda.png]

Dad wants us to pick up where he left off, you know killing things saving people, the family business