Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cantina presidental election, 2014
Since it's been years since we've had an election, I hereby call an election for president of the Cantina.

Here you can announce your candidacy and ask questions of your candidates. I have final say over who will appear on the ballot.
Ford: Don't worry, I trust them to the end of the Earth.
Arthur: And how long is that?
Ford: About 12 minutes.
-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
(03-30-2014, 01:15 PM)Starpaul20 Wrote: Since it's been years since we've had an election, I hereby call an election for president of the Cantina.

Here you can announce your candidacy and ask questions of your candidates. I have final say over who will appear on the ballot.

I thought this was an election for President/Commander-in-Chief of Forum Militia Paul?Unsure Either way, I nominate YOU!!!ThumbsupClap
When I was young, I did a lot of stupid things.Blushing
Now that I'm much older and wiser... I'm REALLY "paying" for those "youthful indiscretions" I did so long ago!Cry
If I had it all to do over again... I would, in a heartbeat - they were FUN!!!YesLaugh

Where ever you may be, that's where you are - you can never run away from yourself, so deal with it, and stop your whining!Dry
(03-30-2014, 02:58 PM)DrThimmel Wrote: I thought this was an election for President/Commander-in-Chief of Forum Militia Paul?Unsure

It is. You run for the president. Commander-in-Chief comes with the job.Wink

(03-30-2014, 02:58 PM)DrThimmel Wrote: Either way, I nominate YOU!!!ThumbsupClap

I can't run, I'm the absolute dictator, I need a puppet I can manipulate person to represent us.Wink
As the Vice President from the previous Administration, I hereby declare my candidacy. I'm running on the Republican Posters Party ticket. If I am elected to office, I vow to make good on my campaign promises:

1. Strengthen our Borders.

2. Increase militia spending.

3. Tough on Trolling

4. Lower your taxes.

5. Put some vending machines in the cafeteria!
[Image: wenty321_1.jpg]
(03-30-2014, 07:12 PM)Starpaul20 Wrote:
(03-30-2014, 02:58 PM)DrThimmel Wrote: I thought this was an election for President/Commander-in-Chief of Forum Militia Paul?Unsure

It is. You run for the president. Commander-in-Chief comes with the job.Wink

(03-30-2014, 02:58 PM)DrThimmel Wrote: Either way, I nominate YOU!!!ThumbsupClap

I can't run, I'm the absolute dictator, I need a puppet I can manipulate person to represent us.Wink

Then I announce MY candidacy for Puppet to be manipulated... er, I mean PRESIDENT!Yoda-blush I promise, if elected, to have "naps" for the officers and troopsSleeping and cool weapons!!!Thumbsup
Now that I'm much older and wiser... I'm REALLY "paying" for those "youthful indiscretions" I did so long ago!Cry
If I had it all to do over again... I would, in a heartbeat - they were FUN!!!YesLaugh

Where ever you may be, that's where you are - you can never run away from yourself, so deal with it, and stop your whining!Dry
I'm announcing that as of this moment, I'm also a candidate for president! I'll be the sane, third party candidate (the Liberal Democrat candidate since the US has no sane third party). I promise:

1. More hilarious topics in The Cantina
2. Free ponies!
3. Free cookies to everyone
Quote:SouthTownMan posted - I'm announcing that as of this moment, I'm also a candidate for president! I'll be the (in)sane, third party candidate (the Liberal Democrat candidate since the US has no (in)sane third party, Yes they do, it's call The Tea Party or The Communists PartyThumbdown ). I promise: (a LIE)

1. More hilarious topics in The Cantina Why JUST The Cantina; I promise that in EVERY Board/Forum
2. Free ponies! Ponies are for children
3. Free cookies to everyone Chocolate beats cookies hands down!

Not much VOTING going on here; and a Three-ring Circus under the big top!!!Blink

A vote for me is a vote for the more mature (I'm OLD) and experienced (I have more posts) candidate!!!Clap A vote for the others is a vote for liars and Commies; a vote for them is a vote against our illustrious DICTATOR Paul... er, I mean Leader of Forums Paul; I will be his Puppet... um, I mean President of Choice!!! If you cross Paul... you DIE!!!BashChairFaintRip

Oh, and I promise funnier (and MORE) post than the others - daily, free air, and free CHOCOLATE for everyoneYoda-drool ... unless WE have to buy it; then you're on your own!!!WinkThumbsupW00tExcited

Hysterical

We don't vote yet. Nominations will be open until the weekend, then we'll hold some debates.
(04-01-2014, 09:00 PM)Starpaul20 Wrote: We don't vote yet. Nominations will be open until the weekend, then we'll hold some debates.

I agree with you, oh Fearless Puppet-Master Paul, but warn that more than 3 candidates is detrimental to the voters; the US elections can "barely" tolerate more than 2 candidates and much more with 3 of them right? Just sayin'. I really look forward to debates (how many?) cuz I was on the debate team in High School and college!!!YesThumbsup

About time we call a new election. I'm announcing my candidacy for President as the Board's Democratic Party candidate. I will trash you all in all public debates and other stuff like that.
T'Pol: I am not old, I will only be 66 years old on my next birthday.
Trip: I can't believe you told me that.
T'Pol: You accused me of being old.
-Star Trek: Enterprise 3-24, "Zero Hour"
(04-03-2014, 08:02 PM)VulcanStevens Wrote: About time we call a new election. I'm announcing my candidacy for President as the Board's Democratic Party candidate. I will trash you all in all public debates and other stuff like that.

New election?Eek I thought this was the first?!!!Unsure

Another candidate?!!!Yoda-facepalm Now we have FOUR candidates!!!No Not a good idea.Thumbdown BTW: "Democratic Party" is useless here; Paul is a Dictator... I mean KING and supreme leader here; there is no democracy see?Yoda-wink

You will trash and stuff us?!!!Yoda-laugh Ha Ha, I think NOT VS!!!Rolleyes I offer to Chair these debates; here's my credentials...Chair VS now has the floor...Faint Any other candidatesFear wanna cross me?Yoda-smokin

Okay, nominations are closed. The nominees for president are Wenty321, DrThimmel, SouthTown Man and VulcanStevens.

Debates will be held in one week (April 12th), so get ready.
(04-05-2014, 12:21 PM)Starpaul20 Wrote: Okay, nominations are closed. The nominees for president are Wenty321, DrThimmel, SouthTown Man and VulcanStevens.

Debates will be held in one week (April 12th), so get ready.

I'm ready and rarin' to go... NOW!!!W00t (Yeah, I got HA/ADD)Hyper

What about campaigning Paul?Unsure Shouldn't we be doing that already?Rolleyes *INSERT SUBLIMINAL MESSAGE HERE to VOTE FOR TERRELL HIMMELHEBER... erErmm I mean DOC!*Thumbsup

I promise a free flowerFlowers and chocolate (if we invade Switzerland) to the first 10 people that vote for ME!!!Hyper

Hysterical

*campaign ad*

*flashes pictures of Wenty321, DrThimmel, and VulcanStevens*

Do you want these elitists in charge? Or do you want a common poster? Vote for me, SouthTown Man and I will make the Cantina yours again.
(04-08-2014, 01:02 PM)SouthTown Man Wrote: *campaign ad*

*flashes pictures of Wenty321, DrThimmel, and VulcanStevens*

Do you want these elitists in charge? Or do you want a common poster? Vote for me, SouthTown Man and I will make the Cantina yours again. Yoda-facepalm The Cantina (and the other boards in the Forum) have ALWAYS been everyone's... and we other candidates aren't "elitists" either; we're as common as you and I are!!!Thumbsup

*campaign ad*

*montage of other candidates doing illegal and immoral things...*

Do you really want these people running things? I know I don't... so VOTE FOR ME!!!Yoda-wink