Missing Doctor Who episodes found

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Missing Doctor Who episodes found
BBC to reveal a number of missing Doctor Who episodes

Quote:A number of early episodes of Doctor Who, which were believed to have been permanently lost, have been returned to the BBC.

BBC Worldwide is expected to confirm the find at a press conference in London later this week.

It follows weeks of speculation that some lost episodes had been located.

A total of 106 episodes featuring the first two actors to play the Doctor, William Hartnell and Patrick Troughton, are currently missing.

I don't care how many episodes have come back or what they are. It's just the best news that they have been recovered.Thumbsup
"We all change when you think about it, we're all different people, all through our lives, and that's okay, that’s good you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be." -Eleventh Doctor
I was going to post a thread about the missing episode rumor back in June, but didn't because I thought it would end up being false. Glad to know I was wrong.Happy

So what episodes have been found?
Fry: "What was the purpose of life, anyway?"
Farnsworth: "Who knows? Probably some hogwash about the human spirit."
Wait, there was a rumor? I missed it, what was it about?

Anyway, glad to see any episodes, when will we know which ones?
(10-09-2013, 07:33 PM)FallenJedi98 Wrote: Wait, there was a rumor? I missed it, what was it about?

Back in June, someone reported 90 episodes had been found. Most people didn't believe it but looks like there was some truth to it (that episodes have been found, I doubt it'll be more than 10).

(10-09-2013, 07:33 PM)FallenJedi98 Wrote: Anyway, glad to see any episodes, when will we know which ones?

I heard midnight tomorrow British time (which is 7pm Eastern Daylight Time).
Ford: Don't worry, I trust them to the end of the Earth.
Arthur: And how long is that?
Ford: About 12 minutes.
-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Great to hear that more episodes have been found.
If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes. ~ St. Clement of Alexandra
Here's the news story: Two ‘missing’ Doctor Who adventures found

Quote:Film recordings of eleven episodes of Doctor Who – nine of which were considered ‘lost’ - have been discovered in Nigeria.

All six episodes of The Enemy of the World and five of The Web of Fear were found by Phillip Morris, director of Television International Enterprises Archive, in a television relay station in Jos, central Nigeria.

Morris tracked records of shipments made by the BBC to Africa, that contained tapes for transmission. BBC Worldwide is currently re-mastering these episodes to restore them to the fantastic quality that audiences expect from Doctor Who. The titles will launch exclusively on iTunes at 00.01 on October 11, 2013.

Here's the iTunes links:
The Enemy of the World (United States)
The Web of Fear (United States)

The Enemy of the World (Britain)
The Web of Fear (Britain)

I've already bought them both.Thumbsup
Fry: "What was the purpose of life, anyway?"
Farnsworth: "Who knows? Probably some hogwash about the human spirit."
So how many of these "lost episodes" are there, and when will they air?Yoda-smokin
When I was young, I did a lot of stupid things.Blushing
Now that I'm much older and wiser... I'm REALLY "paying" for those "youthful indiscretions" I did so long ago!Cry
If I had it all to do over again... I would, in a heartbeat - they were FUN!!!YesLaugh

Where ever you may be, that's where you are - you can never run away from yourself, so deal with it, and stop your whining!Dry
(10-10-2013, 09:07 PM)DrThimmel Wrote: So how many of these "lost episodes" are there, and when will they air?Yoda-smokin

They found 9 yesterday. I'm not sure if they'll air on TV, but you can buy them on iTunes (the links in Gaven's post) and they're scheduled for DVD releases in November and February.
"We all change when you think about it, we're all different people, all through our lives, and that's okay, that’s good you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be." -Eleventh Doctor
DAG NABBIT!!!Realmad I don't have a "smart phone"... mine is STUPID; so I-Tunes is out, and I can't afford buying DVDs so - they BETTER "air" them, on BBC America!!!Thumbsup

I'm really looking forward to the new season of Dr. Who; starting November - and Torchwood (the "sister-show") too!!! YesW00t
Now that I'm much older and wiser... I'm REALLY "paying" for those "youthful indiscretions" I did so long ago!Cry
If I had it all to do over again... I would, in a heartbeat - they were FUN!!!YesLaugh

Where ever you may be, that's where you are - you can never run away from yourself, so deal with it, and stop your whining!Dry
You can download iTunes for a regular computer.
Ford: Don't worry, I trust them to the end of the Earth.
Arthur: And how long is that?
Ford: About 12 minutes.
-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
(10-13-2013, 04:06 PM)Starpaul20 Wrote: You can download iTunes for a regular computer.

But you don't understand oh Great Leader; I'm cyber-stupid and so's my computer - plus I don't have time (on-line) to watch streaming videos with their "buffering" and such!!!No I-Tunes is out.Thumbdown

I watched "part of" an episode of the new Torchwood last night... interesting!Thumbsup

This is great news, I hope they find more.
I am dead but I must still go to work. -The Sixth Sense
"Torchwood - Miracle Day" is the name of the new series; spin-off of Doctor Who; How did they "lose" these episodes in the first place? I mean, don't they archive everything they do? Saturdays on BBC America!Yoda-wink

(10-15-2013, 08:26 PM)DrThimmel Wrote: How did they "lose" these episodes in the first place? I mean, don't they archive everything they do?

The BBC use to destroy old episodes of all their programmes back in the 1960s and 70s for economic and space-saving reasons (and the belief that they wouldn't be worth anything in the future). It was stopped in 1978 and since then people have been searching for episodes not in the archives.

You can find more information here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who...g_episodes
I've heard a rumor that they might announce more missing episode finds on either November 22 or 24. Probably not true, but we can always hope it is.
Insert colorful quote here