Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Stargate reboot
'Stargate' to receive movie reboot, trilogy planned

Quote:Roland Emmerich has confirmed that he intends to reboot the Stargate franchise as a new movie trilogy.

The White House Down filmmaker directed and co-wrote the original movie incarnation of Stargate in 1994.

Emmerich told Digital Spy: "We went to MGM, who has the rights, and proposed to them to do a sequel, but as a reboot... and reboot it as a movie and then do three parts. Pretty soon we'll have to look for a writer and start."

I'll admit it's a valid idea. The Stargate franchise is dead, a reboot seems inevitable at some point.
I'll be interested in anything that happens involving Stargate, but this isn't news. Emmerich has been talking about his intentions for almost a decade now.
I am dead but I must still go to work. -The Sixth Sense
This is from the same people who tell us every year about the ID4 sequels coming out...
Even if this was to happen, I wouldn't be excited. The original movie was weak and SG-1 was what made the series famous, so I don't see how ignoring that would make for a good movie.
If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes. ~ St. Clement of Alexandra
I would rather see the TV version of the Stargate universe revived and continued. It's a rich and broad universe and there's plenty of room for a continuation.
Ford: Don't worry, I trust them to the end of the Earth.
Arthur: And how long is that?
Ford: About 12 minutes.
-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy