$34,000 Is Part of the 1% Wealthiest...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$34,000 Is Part of the 1% Wealthiest...
...According to the Koch Brothers anyway: Charles Koch Foundation: An Income Of $34,000 Puts You In The Wealthiest 1 Percent (VIDEO)

Quote:If you earn $34,000, that puts you in the wealthiest 1 percent of the world, according to the Charles Koch Foundation.

That's one of many assertions made in a new ad that attempts to undermine government policies that protect low- and middle-income Americans.

Can't make this stuff up.Pinch
Insert colorful quote here
It's probably true but totally irrelevant to an American's place in the United States.
Fry: "What was the purpose of life, anyway?"
Farnsworth: "Who knows? Probably some hogwash about the human spirit."
(07-18-2013, 03:50 PM)Gaven Scott Wrote: It's probably true but totally irrelevant to an American's place in the United States.

I agree, $34,000 can buy you a palace in Rwanda but can barely get you an apartment in the US.
T'Pol: I am not old, I will only be 66 years old on my next birthday.
Trip: I can't believe you told me that.
T'Pol: You accused me of being old.
-Star Trek: Enterprise 3-24, "Zero Hour"
I don't think the Koch brothers are living in the real working man's world anymore. They simply don't understand what the majority of the US population go through every day.

The phrase "Let them eat cake" comes to mind...
[Image: wenty321_1.jpg]
What the hell? Do they not take into account income compared to the cost of living?
(07-25-2013, 09:57 PM)unlimitedstars123 Wrote: What the hell? Do they not take into account income compared to the cost of living?

You're right. Poverty is relative to the cost of living. If you measure everything in US Dollars, a 1,000 dollars per month can get you far in Malaysia or India but certainly not in the US, Canada or Western Europe.
If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes. ~ St. Clement of Alexandra
What? This isn't the rest of the world. It's a meaningless stat. That's the really insulting part about it.