Galaxies Realm
Board Updates: 1/11/11 - Printable Version

+- Galaxies Realm (http://galaxiesrealm.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Controls (http://galaxiesrealm.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (http://galaxiesrealm.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Board Updates: 1/11/11 (/thread-803.html)

Board Updates: 1/11/11 - Starpaul20 - 01-11-2011

Since it's a new year, I've made a few changes to the board:

-A Bank has been added. The bank allows you to create a saving account where you can deposit your credits and earn interest on them. The bank currently pays a 2% interest rate every 30 days. Accounts are also charged a 1/2 credit maintenance fee every 90 days. Anyone over 10 posts can open an account.
-Quick reply is now advanced, with the ability to add emoticons and BBcodes with ease. This has been requested many times.
-A return to top button on posts, just like the one that existed on the old Invision Power Board board. Please note the icon for Blue Sand theme isn't finished, so a temporary one is in place. Other themes have a normal icon.
-Upcoming calendar events are now shown on the index.
-You can now undo your thread rating. If you've rated a thread, a link to delete that rating will appear next to the rating stars. This is available to anyone over 10 posts.
-A "courtesy edit time" now exists. If you edit a post within 60 seconds from when you originally posted that post, the edited by legend won't appear. Any edit changes are still logged.
-A 6 hour time limit now exists for users under 10 posts. This is a safely measure to stop spam bots from editing old posts. All users over 10 posts remain unlimited.
-Instant Messenger icons now appear on a user's posts if they have any IM fields filled in.
-The Spoiler BBcode has been updated with a new design, like so:
Spoiler
Darth Vader is Luke's father!
Spoiler also now has a optional attrubute for specifying where the spoiler comes from, like so:
Spoiler: Empire Strikes Back
Darth Vader is Luke's father!
The code to use it is:
Code:
[spoiler=Empire Strikes Back]Darth Vader is Luke's father![/spoiler]

That's all for the changes for now.

RE: Board Updates: 1/11/11 - LukeSkywalker21078 - 01-12-2011

Cool set of updates, especially the bank and the new quick reply box (is the quick reply off in this forum, because I don't see it).

RE: Board Updates: 1/11/11 - Gaven Scott - 01-12-2011

I like the little IM icons and the bank. Hopefully a store is not that far off, right?

RE: Board Updates: 1/11/11 - VulcanStevens - 01-13-2011

Like the updates. Yes

EDIT: I don't think the IM icons are completely correct, when you hover over my Yahoo icon, it says "Send a message via Yahoo to Starpaul20" but my AIM icon is correct. Bug?

RE: Board Updates: 1/11/11 - Noobie-one - 01-13-2011

What's with the new quick reply adding a scrollbar like it's stretching the screen?

RE: Board Updates: 1/11/11 - Starpaul20 - 01-14-2011

(01-12-2011, 11:14 AM)LukeSkywalker21078 Wrote: (is the quick reply off in this forum, because I don't see it).

Yeah, it's to prevent spamming.

(01-12-2011, 01:38 PM)Gaven Scott Wrote: I like the little IM icons and the bank. Hopefully a store is not that far off, right?

I still want to have a store but don't count on it anytime soon (I've been too busy).

(01-13-2011, 01:02 PM)VulcanStevens Wrote: EDIT: I don't think the IM icons are completely correct, when you hover over my Yahoo icon, it says "Send a message via Yahoo to Starpaul20" but my AIM icon is correct. Bug?

Yeah, it's a bug, a very small one. I've fixed it. Yes

(01-13-2011, 07:47 PM)Noobie-one Wrote: What's with the new quick reply adding a scrollbar like it's stretching the screen?

It does that for some reason, I don't know why... Unsure

RE: Board Updates: 1/11/11 - JediFan34 - 01-14-2011

Thanks for the new quick reply. Yes

On the IM icons, is there something wrong with the ICQ one? When I clicked mine, it brought up an error message that said: This user does not have this type of instant messenger account specified in their profile. even though I have it specified. Confused