Galaxies Realm
Account compromised - Printable Version

+- Galaxies Realm (http://galaxiesrealm.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Controls (http://galaxiesrealm.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (http://galaxiesrealm.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Account compromised (/thread-1159.html)

Account compromised - Starpaul20 - 04-27-2016

On April 20th, somebody gained access to my account and logged into the Admin CP. Though they don't appear to have done any damage, they did manage to download a backup of this board's database.

I have already taken security precautions to prevent this from happening again (changed my password, activated 2-factor authentication for both the Admin CP and my Email accounts, banned the IP address of the perpetrator via the server and some other things). Though I'm confidante they don't know your passwords (they are hashed in the database), I would recommend changing them anyway.

RE: Account compromised - Gaven Scott - 05-01-2016

Thanks for letting us know, glad they didn't do any damage.

I've changed my password.

RE: Account compromised - SouthTown Man - 05-06-2016

Any reason who or why they did it?

RE: Account compromised - Starpaul20 - 05-09-2016

(05-06-2016, 10:16 PM)SouthTown Man Wrote: Any reason who or why they did it?

Nope. Sad

RE: Account compromised - VulcanStevens - 05-20-2016

Was it by chance our old "troll friends" TrekkerMike and Redskirt?

RE: Account compromised - Noobie-one - 05-21-2016

What exactly do they got about us? Anything we should be worried about? I already changed my password.

(05-20-2016, 10:47 PM)VulcanStevens Wrote: Was it by chance our old "troll friends" TrekkerMike and Redskirt?

"Old troll friends"? Care to explain?

RE: Account compromised - Starpaul20 - 05-22-2016

(05-21-2016, 08:43 PM)Noobie-one Wrote: What exactly do they got about us? Anything we should be worried about? I already changed my password.

They know your email addresses and IP addresses. But there isn't much they can do with those things.

(05-21-2016, 08:43 PM)Noobie-one Wrote:
(05-20-2016, 10:47 PM)VulcanStevens Wrote: Was it by chance our old "troll friends" TrekkerMike and Redskirt?

"Old troll friends"? Care to explain?

Long story, TrekkerMike and Redskirt were members on a small Star Trek ezboard site I was a member of over 10 years ago. One weekend, TrekkerMike trolled the site under the guise of enterprise12345 but then denied he was behind it even when IPs proved he was. Tore the site apart as most members believed he was innocent and threaten to leave if he got banned. Afterwards he created a roleplay with Redskirt which Vulcan and I were members but one thing lead to another and we both ended up getting banned (mostly due to TrekkerMike acting like an egotistical ass). TrekkerMike (or Redskirt, I never figured out which) then jacked my ezboard account and framed me for the enterprise12345 troll attack and then faked a hacking of his roleplay site via Redskirt's account leading to my old account being banned from ezboard. Redskirt (who defended everything TrekkerMike did) tried to slander my name to the other members of the old Star Trek site but I don't think most believed her.

In any case I doubt it was either of them, the IP was from Britain when they were from Texas.